I sit on my butt all day long for a living.
I love my job – but really, it is a lot of sitting in a cubicle. I’m on the phone and corresponding through email a lot, which keeps me busy but when I’m sitting for l long time it’s always hard to distract myself from mindless eating.
Mindful eating is key. I LOVE healthy foods – fresh fruit is one of my favorite things in the world, nothing beats some stir-fried broccoli, and guacamole is God’s true gift to us – even if it always costs extra. But eating healthy can be tough on those of us who love to sleep in who don’t want to do the prep work.
If you’re craving salt or something sweet, let yourself have it. There’s a way to do it without breaking your calorie goal. Sweet doesn’t have to mean 600 calorie piece of cheesecake. Salty doesn’t have to mean 400 calories of fries.
Avoid the fast, unhealthy food, and consider some budget and calorie friendly snacks/
My Current Favorite Cubicle-Easy Snacks
- Chobani Greek Yogurt (120 calories) and Nature Valley Oats & Honey (190 calories)
- Instant Miso Soup (25 calories)
- Chex Mix (200 calories)
- Clif Builder Bar – Peanut Butter and Chocolate (280 calories, and 20g of protein!)
- Belvita Cinnamon (230 calories)
- Wheat Thins (230 calories) and Natural Peanut Butter (190 calories)
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs (140 calories) and fresh spinach (25 calories) with salt and pepper to taste
- Frozen mango (90 calories)